Our clients tell us that one of the best things about The Blossoming Kitchen is, healthy desserts that satisfy any sweet tooth minus the junk!
But what if you’re craving Chef Katrina’s famous (at least in Charlotte) brownies and delivery day isn’t until Sunday? Or what if you’re on the hook to bring a dessert to a party and you don’t want the sugar-loaded ones from a grocery store?
Well, you can make your own!
This week, we’re sharing Chef Katrina’s recipe for her Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies. They’re easy to make and is a crowd pleaser for sure!
You won’t feel guilty eating them because they’re made with no refined sugar, no refined flour (almond flour is used instead,)no unhealthy fats.
Our only requirement is that when you make them, you share with other people to spread the love 🙂
PALEO CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
Courtesy of Chef Katrina Bearer
Makes 16+ brownies
- 1 ¼ cups coconut oil
- 2 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cup dark chocolate chunks optional
For the chocolate topping
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line an 9x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang on the sides, spray with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and heat on high power to melt, about 45 seconds. Stop to stir, and heat in 10-second bursts until mixture has melted and can be stirred smooth. Whisk for about 30 seconds to help dissolve the coconut sugar into the oil.
- Add the vanilla, eggs, and stir vigorously until batter is thick, shiny, and well blended. Add the almond flour and stir until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick in the center emerges slightly moist with batter, about 20-23 minutes. Check with a toothpick – it should come out with moist crumbs attached. Don’t over bake! Let brownies cool completely.
- Spread the strawberries evenly over the brownies. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Pour evenly over the strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hours before cutting into 16 squares. 8×2 or however you prefer to cut!
- Brownies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.